Click here for the Emergency Action Wall Chart that is being distributed to all emergency departments in the state of Tennessee. (Publication October 2011)
Click here for the Updated List of Recommended Pediatric Equipment for BLS and ALS Ambulance
- Blair L., Clauss, E., Meredith, M. Child Abuse: Discovering the Horrifying Truth. Journal of Emergency Medical Services. 2011 October 36(10) pages: 62-7.
- Laura L. Kuensting, MSN(R), RN, CPNP, Scott DeBoer, RN, MSN, CEN, CCRN, CFRN, EMT-P, Renee Holleran, RN, PhD, CEN, CCRN, CFRN, CTRN, FAEN, Barbara L. Shultz, RN, BSN, Rebecca A. Steinmann, RN, APN, CEN, CCRN, CCNS, and Jeanne Venella, RN, MS, CEN Difficult Venous Access in Children: Taking Control. Journal of Emergency Nursing. 2009 September (Vol. 35, Issue 5, Pages 419-424).
- Hohenhaus, Susan M., MA, RN, FAEN, Evelyn Lyons, RN, MPH, and Rhonda G. Phillippi, RN, BA Emergency Departments and Pediatric Categorization, Approval, and Recognition: A Review of Two States. Journal of Emergency Nursing. 2008 June (Vol. 34, Issue 3, Pages 236-237).
- Gunn, Veronica, MD, MPH, Rhonda G. Phillippi, RN, and William O. Cooper, MD, MPH Improvement in booster seat use in Tennessee. Pediatrics. 2007 Jan: 119(1):e131-6.
- Gunn, Veronica, MD, MPH, Rhonda G. Phillippi, RN, and William O. Cooper, MD, MPH Differences in Appropriate Child Safety Restraint Use Among Black and White Children in Tennessee, Injury Prevention Journal 2005 Dec;11(6):340-2.. This manuscript describes the results of our baseline child safety restraint work in TN.
Tennessee Pediatric Resuscitation Guide:
(Note: If you have received a physical flip chart already, please replace
page 7 with the updated page 7 in this online document. Thank you.)
- Phone numbers for the transport teams and online medical control at the Comprehensive Regional Pediatric Centers (Children’s Hospitals)
- Information for Transport/Referral
- Normal Vital Signs
- Airway Management
- Pediatric Trauma Score
- Resuscitation Fluid Requirements
- Maintenance Fluid Requirements
- Pediatric Coma Sale
- Defibrillation & Cardioversion
- Resuscitation Medications
- Treatment Medications
- Algorithms for Resuscitation
- Mark 1 Autoinjector Usage
- Precise Dosing for Atropine and Pralidoxime
- JumpSTART Pediatric MCI Triage
- Treatment for Pediatrics in the Event of a Disaster