Answer: NO

Often household cleaners are corrosive and they may do more damage if you make your child throw up. In the past it was taught to make your child throw up, but that is no longer the case. If your child ingests house hold items, pills or even plants you can call the poison control center. In Tennessee we are very fortunate to have a certified poison control center available to all healthcare providers and citizens of our state 24 hours a day. The number is 1-800-222-1222. As in the case of any emergency such that your child is experiencing breathing difficulty, a change in level of consciousness, or any other worrisome side effects, go to the nearest emegency department or call 911.